cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pixma Pro-10 only makes loud sound

Raucko
Apprentice

I just received a new Pixma Pro-10 and am trying to set it up for its first use.  Following the Quick Start guide, I've removed all of the orange tape and shipping materials.  Then I plug it in and press the power button.  The printer makes some normal sounds for a few seconds or so, and then it makes a very loud grinding sound that it's obviously not supposed to.  After several seconds of that sound, everything stops and the orange error light flashes.

I've tried turning on the printer several times and keep getting the same results.  I tried calling Canon support, but despite the fact that this is 2015, their support is only open Monday-Friday.

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Raucko!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny, I'm not sure about that 24/7 email support. I emailed Saturday night and never received a response.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Are you SURE you got all the packing stuff out?  Sounds like you missed something.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I'm sure the material was all out. I ended up skipping to the next step and put in the cartridge and ink tanks just to see what would happen. Everything is working fine now, with photos being printed just as they should.

Ramona
Authority

Hi Raucko,

We're happy to hear you were able to get the printer working.  Should you receive an error on the printer again, you can refer to the document here to see what type of error the printer is experiencing.  Should you need assistance, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page and we will be happy to assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements