cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Printing on Pixma Pro-100

ericnepean
Apprentice

I've set up my new Pro-100 in a good environment (good venitlation, space, solid surface), but its not close to my main photo editting computer. No problem, I thought, I will connect to it it via my home network.

So I set it up and configured it with my MacBook Air via USB. All well and good, and I can print with no issues when I share the printer via the MAcBook.

But when I disconnect the MacBook, and use the the printer via the network, I can access and print via the network, but the color matching doesn't work anymore -  the Canon printer driver menu that accesses color matching isn't available, and the other printer drivers can't find any profiles for the Pro-100 or Canon papers.

Has anyone else had this problem, any comments on why its happening or ideas how to fix it beyond permamanently installing yet another computer next to the printer?

2 REPLIES 2

mackguyver
Apprentice

That's because the ICC profiles used for color matching are installed on your local machine (MacBook) by Canon's software.  If you've installed the driver on the other machines automatically, it's not going to have the ICC profiles.  Try re-installing the drivers on the other machines using the Canon CD and it should work.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I gave up on printing over the "air". I suggest using one machine like a server and printing from it. Better yet hard wired (USB).

I just saw too many problems to try and track down. It seems to work OK for just B&W text printers but not critical color photos.

I am just not willing to track down all the issues and this works well. (Windows machines)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements