cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pixma Pro 100 printer prints blurred images. Please help!

shravandg
Contributor

Hello guys,

I am a newbie to Canon. I just now bought a Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer. I followed the instructions carefully and installed the printer. I used the CD rom to install the software on my laptop. I used USB to connect to the printer.

I then tried printing few pcitures but all of them are blurry. I tried 13X19 sized picture print and acouple of 4X6 prints. I don't exactly know whats the problem but all the prints are blurred. I used the catridges that came with the printer itself and the papers I used were Photo Paper Pro Luster for a 13x19" print and a Photo Paper Plus Glossy II for 4x6" prints. I used the back tray for inserting my papers and I turned the smoother side towards me. Can anyone know what the solution could be? I was really excited when I bought this so that I can print copies of my pictures but I am helpless right now. Please help!

==================================================================================

UPDATE

I removed the printer head and reinserted it then I started getting good prints. I was getting nice prints for both 4 by 6"(glossy II) and 13 by 19" (Luster) sheets but for 8.5 by 11" sized sheets (Luster), I was getting wetty, blurred prints. And on blurry prints, the print didn't dry at all until morning. I used the back tray for all sizes and I inserted the sheet with the smoother side up (facing me). I don't know whats causing the issue.

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I think you are printing on the wrong side. Print side of luster paper has slight pebbly surface. 

Wet at your index finger and touch a corner of paper. Print side will be tacky. I'm betting that ink didn't dry either, right?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply but I was printing on the correct side. Actually, I removed the printer head and reinserted it then I started getting good prints. I was getting nice prints for both 4 by 6"(glossy II) and 13 by 19" (Luster) sheets but for 8.5 by 11" sized sheets (Luster), I was getting wetty, blurred prints. And yes, the print didn't dry at all until morning. I used the back tray for all sizes and I inserted the sheet with the smoother side up (facing me). I don't know whats causing the issue. Do you have any suggestion for me?

Hi shravandg -

I still have to question the fact that you say you are printing on the correct side.

For Photo Paper Pro Luster the print side has a pebbly surface and you need to put paper in printer with that surface facing you.

What you are describing is classic example of printing on the RC surface rather than the print surface.

When printing on the correct surface the paper is 99% dry when it leaves the printer.

Even if you don't believe me, humor me for one sheet of paper and load it the opposite of what you have been doing Smiley Happy

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Haha! You must be right. The thing is I have used all my sample test sheets which are 8.5 by 11 yesterday for testing. I am left with 13 by 19 and 4 by 6. I guess, I have to order some and then test as you said.

A very very silly question as it might seem., as I don't have any sheets and in order to test the printer as you said, can I use one of the previously blurred printed sheets by turning the side and check if the print is correct or not. Will that affect my printer?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
As long as ink is dry it will be OK.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sure. I will try it out tonight and let you know. Also, can you think of any printer issue as it didn't print well for the first time. I have to reset it and then it starts working alright. Is this supposed to be fine?

The thing is, I just bought it yesterday from a seller in Craigslist. They bought it in Spet 2016 and never opened it. I opened it myself yesterday. I still have one month left for a warranty claim and I am just making sure that it is alright. What are your suggestions? How can I test it or make sure before going for a claim? 

I can't help with the reset issue - I never had to do that.

I am connected by USB to a Windows 10 PC and by wifi to a MacBook Air and an iMac.

Just verify that you have the latest drivers installed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks a lot for the info sir! One final question. I have been checking various websites and each of them is redirecting to a different version of driver. Can you please share the appropriate link to the latest driver for Canon Prima Pro-100 ? Your help is much appreciated.

Here is the US site. If it doesn't automatically select your OS choose it from the dropdown.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements