cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images from clients who supply matchprints from Epson printers print waaay off on iPF6450

MortalCoil
Apprentice

I'm a designer who does prints on canvas and paper for artists.

I've come across this problem time and time again, let me see if I can describe it adequately:

We have a host of Canon large format printers, the smallest of which is an iPF6450.  All of the printers in our shop  are calibrated for consistent color between printers and substrates, the print jobs go through Qimage.

Color is consistent and reliable for almost all files we receive...except for files that arrive accompanied by Epson matchprints. The files look pretty OK on the screen and it looks like the profiles and colorspaces are all correct, but then they just about always print too saturated and magenta unless I go in an manually tweak the file.

I can't really do anything about calibration/Qimage stuff because the system works for the vast majority of our output and changing it for these few is not an option.

I'm so very tired of having to futz with this.  Is there something else I've missed?  

I don't even care if it's something that should have been obvious, I would love to feel stupid if it meant there were an easy solution.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Post this on dpreview.com printer forum. Maybe digidog will have an answer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I'll do that.

Announcements