cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a cannon pixma 9000 mark ll printer. How can I lighten print but not the black in it.

mcl
Contributor

The printer prints my photos too dark. I want them to look as much like what I see on my monitor. I can get close by increasing the lightness value but that also increases the lightness of the black areas in the photo. I don't want this to happen. The printer I have does not allow the user to increase black, only cyan, magenta and yellow. Can I get around this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello mcl.

If you have Adobe Photoshop installed, we recommend that you try using our Easy PhotoPrint Pro plugin with the program.  Once installed, you can access the plugin from the File/Automate menu.

The plugin can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/printers/desktop_printers/photo_inkjet_printers/...

Easy PhotoPrint Pro has a 'Pattern Print' feature that will allow you to print a pattern of your image.  Then you would have the ability to select what you feel matches the best brightness and contrast combination before making a final printout.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will try this suggestion tomorrow, thank you.

Announcements