cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe that I'm double profiling while printing.

dadaily39
Contributor

Hello all.

I seemed to have gotten myself all turned around with this printing business. 

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 100

I am using Lightroom version CC 2015.9 [ 1106920 ]

When I first got the pixma, all was well with the printing, However, as of late, I have messed with settings and can't seem to be able to get it back to accurate printing. I have been printing with a major magenta cast to my photos (view attached photo below).

b&a.jpg

And, now I cannot, for the life of me fix this issue. I not sure if I'm double profiling or what. I also use Canon's Studio Print Pro. The results are the same whether printing directly from lightroom or bypassing lightroom with Studio print pro.

My monitor was recently calibrated using colormunki display by x-rite.  

Should Lightroom control color, should Print Studio Pro control color, or should pixma printer control color? 

And, again, how do I know that I not double profiling? And, should I be concerned with my operating system's color management settings? Which is Windows 7 Ultimate

Please, please help.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should have Lightroom control color and turn color management off in the printer driver.

But, Print Studio Pro should handle that for you - it actually doesn't matter what your LR setting is with PSP. PSP takes control. You can even invoke PSP from the Develop or Library module and never even get into Print module.

Here's how you want things set up to print from Lightroom (at least how I recommend you set things up).

2017-08-29.png

Give this setting a try.

I'm still confusewd though about your PSP results. Maybe try a nozzle check.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John.

And, thank you so kindly for responding with such helpful information. Now, I did have my printer's color management set to none. However, I am still uncertain as to what lightroom settings should look like. See attached photo.

print.jpg

The above photoshows my current settings. If you would be kind enough to give me your reccommended settings for lightroom, I would feel much better. 

P.S. I did perform a nozzle check, and everything was fine.

You have selected "Managed by Printer" in LR.

You want to select a paper profile.

If you don't see the paper you want select Other to add to the list.

Can you post a screen shot of your PSP settings?

Capture.JPG

2017-09-01 (1).png

2017-09-01 (2).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, thanks again for taking out the time to walk me through this.

PSP.jpgAshampoo_Snap_2017.09.01_11h02m27s_004_View.jpg

I certainly feel like I'm getting closer. Now, does my operating system color management have anything to do with the overall settings, or no?

I would select the paper profile in PSP just like you did in LR. 

Mainly because if you use third party papers like Red River or others Auto will wind up selecting the Canon profile for the media type.

I'll do another post for Windows. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The only this I change from default in Windows color management is using my profile for my monitor, since I profile my monitor.

2017-09-01 (3).png

If you don't profile your monitor, but if it came withan ICC profile you could select that one.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you, sir. I will try new settings and report back. I'm grateful.

Announcements