cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print exact photo sizes?

cabrosh
Apprentice

I need to print photos exactly 5x7 and 8x10.  The old ZoomBrowser had settings to do that.  Now they've vanished, and using the Image Garden to print two bordered prints per letter size page gives me 51/2 x 8 photos.  I can't find anything in the manual about printing exact sizes, either.

I love the colors on the Pixma 100, but find using the new software very frustrating.  I wish you'd just left a good thing alone.  Is there some easy way to print exact sizes?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cabrosh,

Please try printing with Easy-PhotoPrint EX.  It can be downloaded by following these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at:    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type PIXMA PRO-100 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Click Software.

5.  Click on Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

6.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

7.  Click on the Download button.

8.  The file will be downloaded to your Downloads folder.  

9.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

10.  Double click the file that you just downloaded in your Downloads folder.  Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and installation will complete.

Once installed, please try printing 5" x 7" and 8" x 10" photos using that program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The best solution and answer is to get Photoshop Elements.  Smiley Happy

You can crop and print any size possibile even if it is not a "real" size.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks, both of you!  I think Easy Photo Print was what I used before.  I used Photoshop Elements and got the exact sizes I needed, (took best in show, maybe it was the new printer) but it will be nice to have EPP has an option.

The colors were fine using Elements.  On our MP970 printer they were "off" if I used PSE, so I'm planning to try printing a sample in both PSE and EPP to see if there's a difference.

One more question:  I downloaded and installed Easy Photo Print, but now I can't find it.  It doesn't seem to be in ZoomBrowser or Image Garden. I can't find it in Programs or by searching Windows.  You said it was a plug-in - do I need to manually add it to another program?  Where is it likely to have been installed?

I don not know how it goes into those programs as I only use the vastly better PS amd LR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements