cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save my images like a "wedding photographer" does?

JoeyMPI
Apprentice

I have a Pixma PRO-100. . . with a Windows 8.1 PC. . . and printing through Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

I just printed some wedding pictures of my daughter - which I got from the "wedding photographer"... when I printed them - they were an exact match to what I saw on my screen (which I've calibrated)... and dead on crisp, great quality.

I'm wondering what a wedding photographer does to their images to make them so "solid" in printing.  How do they save them?

when I print something from a my files, (Raw, NEF, or JPEG's) - there always seems to be a color or quality problem? Never a match.  It takes several adjustments and print samples before I get what I want. 

Is the ICC Profile a problem - or How can I save my images like a wedding photog does?  So they print exact?

Joe B

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you clarify your experience?

Are you saying when you open "wedding photographer" jpegs in Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 they look good and when you print them via Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 they print like screen, but when you open your own photos in the same program they look good on screen but don't print like they look? In other words everything and all settings are the same, just the files are different?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

yes... that's correct

I've been told my Nikon D300 needs to be "reset" to factory settings and I might need new firmware - that's why the image on my files don't print exact... 

not sure if I believe that?

what do you think?

thanks

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" ... (Raw, NEF, or JPEG's) ... "

I suspect there are some minor differences you are not seeing and/or noticing on screen.  But right off, no real wedding photographer will shoot in anything except RAW.  You should be using RAW, only, too.  The RAW file to start with has way more info in it than any jpeg does.

Next I would bet your wedding photographer does some tweaking to highlights and shadows, plus s ome other stuff that you are not.  In other words he is getting the photos ready for printing. Remember printing on paper and "printing for on screen" is two different things.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements