cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!! Pixma pro 100 printing muddy colours after cleaning

Cherrytwist112
Apprentice

I own a canon pixma pro 100 and noticed when printing there were some smudges on the paper after 1 year of using it. I used the printer maintenance and did a cleaning, nozzle cleaning, printed test pages etc and now my colours are not printing as vibrant as hey used to. They are printing very muddy and dull. Help! I'm not sure what happened from cleaning it that made the colours change. I print greeting cards and use Neenah solar white 110lb paper if that helps at all. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! 

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Run a nozzle check again and post a scan or smart phone photo.

Can you post a scan or photo of a print using this test image?

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Did you run a roller clean and plate clean as well as a nozzle cleaning?

Verify that all your cartridges are seated and there are no flashing cartridges.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello,

Thank you for the response. Here is the image you requested me to print along with the nozzle check test print and the 3rd image is my colour chart (the one on the left is how my printer used to print the colour and the one on the right is what it is doing now, it looks like the colours have brown/grey added to them).

All my inks have been changed and are full. I did a roller clean and a plate clean too. Still printing muddy. Im not sure if the ICC settings matter as I am printing on cardstock not photo paper. As of now I have it set to plain paper. 

Lesley

IMG_7443.JPGIMG_7446[951].JPGIMG_7444.JPG

The ICC profile will matter. Do you you have any photo paper? Printing on that will confirm that your printer is OK. 

Try selecting Canon Museum Etching profile. It has a surface that looks similar to your card stock. 

What at color is the raw card stock? If it's off white that's going to influence print colors. 

Does the cardstock supplier provide ICC profiles or recommendations. 

You can can also use the printer driver to print a test pattern that will provide printer adjustments. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements