cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!!-----Cannon Pixma Pro100 CYAN issues

KurtH
Apprentice

Long Story---Here we go.........

Pixma pro -100 2.5 years old.  Very low use.  A week ago it stops printing cyan.  Run multiple cleaning cycles, both deep and standard.  No success.  I run the test pattern.  7 good colors absoluteley blank on cyan. My best guess at this point is a severly clogged print head because I go too long between making photo prints.

I call a local shop that says that they can clean the print head with a "solution" and steam.  I take the print head to them, they do their thing.  I bring it home and re-install it and now Nothing at all prints.

I contact another local repair shop and have a long discussion with the owner.  She tells me at this point she beleives the Printhead is damaged beyond repair and it is time to replace it.

Here is where it gets weird!!!

I buy a brand new OEM printhead.  Install it and run a test print.  It is Beautiful--Lots of Blue to test the cyan.

30 minutes later I print my 2nd photo--No cyan again!! I run the test pattern.  Just like in the begining---7 good colors absoluteley blank on cyan.  Have tried new ink jet cartridges still no cyan!

Of course cannon is closed on the weekend, so no answers from Tech-support.  Has anyone else had this isssue?? Any Ideas??

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KurtH,

It would appear as though your PIXMA PRO-100 may require service.  It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

patmeierjohnson
Contributor

Did you ever get help with your Cyan issue?

I am so very frustrated. I think it's a design issue.

Every other color prints fine. I have flused the cyan head. Nada. Nothing. Did an alignment, nothing.

What did you end up doing?

Pat

Announcements