cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint white lines - Pixma Pro-100

rholden35
Contributor

I just installed a new Pixma Pro-100 and did the printhead alignment without issues. Printed my first test 8x10 print and while I printed beautifully, there are faint (barely visible) white lines on the print. Any ideas on how to fix this? Another printhead alignment maybe??

Thanks for you suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to fix the issue. It was in my settings. When you print something click on "print settings" then in the pull-down menu go to Quality & Media, and make sure it is set to "finest". Somehow it was set on "fast" which was causing the lines. Once I switched it "finest" it corrected the problem. I hope this helps and good luck!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There is no way to get white on a print except to not put any ink on the page. So, yes, I would run the alignment utility again as a first step.

Now this assumes you are using Canon brand ink and paper. Always, always use Canon products to set-up and learn any Canon printer. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I'm having the same problem and have cleaned muliply times and aliended  the head with no luck. I use canon ink and paper. Can you help me solve this problem. Very frustrated. Susan 

What paper and settings are you using?

can you post a photo of what you are getting?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"... have cleaned muliply times and aliended  the head with no luck"

Susan,

Once or twice is enough.  If that didn't correct it, it won't so multiple times is useless and wasteful.  Yes, a sample would be nice to see.

First thing to check is the paper profile you selected.  Does it match the paper?  You would be surprised how many folks forget this or get the wrong one.

EB

Susan,

Here are soem tips I use.

First, you must not let the printer set anything.  Turn off every bit off control it has.  You can do this with the Canon My Printer under the Printer Settings tab.  

Second, you need to have your photo editor (like Photoshop) handle all the settings and color matching.   I prefer Photoshop or Lightroom.

Make sure you have the correct ICC profiles and you are using Canon brand ink and paper until you get good with the printer.  Very, very important, otherwise you don't know if the printer is doing exactly what you are telling it to or not. This is a must!

Important to, use the USB connection until everything is right.  You are just adding another issue when you try to set up the printing and the wireless all at the same time.  Just like using Canon branded products until it is a go.  Use a real printer USB cable.  Not just any old USB cable.

EB

I was able to fix the issue. It was in my settings. When you print something click on "print settings" then in the pull-down menu go to Quality & Media, and make sure it is set to "finest". Somehow it was set on "fast" which was causing the lines. Once I switched it "finest" it corrected the problem. I hope this helps and good luck!

"... it was set on "fast" which was causing the lines."

That'll do it.  Good find.

EB

Thank you so much for posting your fix. I stupidly had mine on "fast printing" as well. I was going crazy thinking something was wrong with my new printer!

Welcome to the forum.

You said "fast printing".

If you are seeing that option it leads me to think that you may have the AirPrint version of the printer installed and not the IJ Series version (if you are on a Mac). This is because I do not see that option on my MacBook.

Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and see what version of the printer is showing. Does it say AirPrint or Bonjour?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements