cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I leave my Pixma Pro 100 on if Its not in use?

HollyUCSD
Apprentice

I've heard conflicting advice regarding whether to leave the printer on or turn it off after you're done printing.

• I've heard turn it off or it dries out the ink faster.

• I've also heard definitely leave it on, if turned off it will have to recalibrate and run through a cycle once powered back up and that uses up your ink.

I'm aware of the Energy Saving Settings that power off the printer after a period of time.

My question is... is there any validity to either of the bullet points shared? I know many others that have purchased this Pro 100 and other printers in the Canon line are wanting to know as well. 

Thank you in advance.

~On a side note I adore this printer, professional quality prints, quick print time and a minimal amount of noise emitted when printing. Very satisfied!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-Pro-1-ink-usage/m-p/161695#U1616...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have two Pro-100's and I leave them alone.  They shut themselves down after a few moments.  Since I retired I don't print everyday but I don't see any big increase in ink useage.  The Pro-100 isn't the cheapest printer to have if ink is your main concern.  Matter of fact Red River Paper Co. rate it as the most expensive ink user.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements