cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom printer profiles with PRO-100 and Mac OS 10.12

ibrotley
Apprentice

Hi,

I use a PRO-100 printer, and I have custom printer profiles from Red River Paper that I used successfully with Mac OS 10.9 from the Preview software.  It was simple to select "Color Matching" in the print dialog, choose ColorSync, and specify the profile for the printer driver to use.

I recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.12, and it appears that the Color Matching option is no longer in the Canon driver when I try to print.

I can print from Photoshop or Acrobat and allow the software to manage the colors with the profile.  But without an explicit way to disable the driver from managing the colors, I can't be sure that the colors are not "double matched."

1. How can I ensure the driver is NOT managing the colors without a Color Matching menu?

2. Is there a way to select the printer profile from Preview, or is that option lost altogether with the new version of the driver for this OS?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you using the IJ printer or the Bonjour printer selection?

You don't want Bonjour.

I never have done what you described, but I just tried it and it seems what you are talking about is there. MacOS Sierra and latest Canon driver.

Cursor_and_Gamut_Test_File_Flat_and_Pictures.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your reply, John.  I am using Bonjour - why is that not the correct option?

I've never used the Canon IJ utility, but I tried accessing it from the "Options & Supplies" menu in System Preferences, and I can't find a Utilities menu for this printer.  I just installed the driver, so I don't think the driver is the issue. 

Any other ideas on why I might not be able to access Color Matching?

The Bonjour version of te printer is an Apple driver and it is a more simple driver; won't give you all the specifics of the Canon driver.

If you are connecting via WiFi be sure to download the IJ Network tool from Canon site.

Go to System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Click the "+" icon to add a printer and waiot for the Canon PRO-100 sewries printer to appear. It could take a few minutes. Then install that version. Sometimes it appears as IJ Printer.

When you click on Options & Supplies/General you should se the Canon driver ID.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements