cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion over matching selection

beemer
Enthusiast

I print from Lightroom and Photoshop using custom print profiles that I make.  To use these I must turn off colour controls in the Canon print driver.   To do this say in Lightroom Print Module I go to:

Page Setup

Print Properties

Main tab

Color/Intensity

Manual

Set

Matching

and in Color matching tab I have one of three options to set

Driver Matching

ICM

None

In Canon help,  I have not been able to find an explanation of these three and have been selecting None guessing that this is the (a ridiculous eight steps ) route to switching off the Canon color management.

What does Driver matching and ICM do?.  I know what ICM stands for and my custom paper/ink profile is an ICM profile so is Canon offering me the opportunity to select that custom profile even if I have Lightroom set  to use it. Alternatively is it asking me if I want to select the custom profile if I am NOT using a color managed editor?

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

beemer
Enthusiast
John,
I did not use the 'circled' tick as it did not explicitly show that that was a shortcut to turning off Canon colour management.
thanks,
Ian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When printing from LR and choosing the profile in LR, which is what I do, you select None in the driver, select the Media Type in the driver and the ICC profile in Lightroom.

Driver Matching seems very specialized/limited.

Capture1.JPG

You would select ICM if you select Let Printer Manage in Lightroom.

I let LR manage becasue I can set up the various printing templates that I use.

If you select the circled box you will go directly to the "None" window.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello John,

Your answer confirms my thoughts,  but the Japanese have not moved very far from the apocryphal interpretation of "hydraulic ram" as "water buffalo"  🙂

thanks,

Ian

beemer
Enthusiast
John,
I did not use the 'circled' tick as it did not explicitly show that that was a shortcut to turning off Canon colour management.
thanks,
Ian

All it really does is take you directly from that page to the manual page - bypasses the Main->Matching step.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements