cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon driver for Sierra?

Owlan
Contributor

Hi All,

Has anyone heard of an update for Canon drivers, specifically for the Canon Pro-1000, that works with macOS Sierra? I'm trying to print the first of two target sheets using a ColorMunki Photo but page comes out distorted & printer fails halfway through the page. After contacting X-rite, they replicated the problem, & have advised me it is a Canon driver problem with Apple's new OS.

Does anyone know of a workaround with ColorMunki Photo? I can't really do much without being able to calibrate my printer!

I do find it crazy that Canon had 6 months to work on drivers before Sierra came out, especially recently having brought onto the market a new pro printer that now can't even get calibrated.

I'm on the latest Canon Pro-1000 firmware 2.02.0.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the Canon support page.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/professional-large-format-printers...

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John, even though the updater on the page says Ver 2.1 it only upgrades the firmware to 2.020 - strange! I'm already on this version. If you then press on the "Drivers" option it says "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected." - stranger still! This is in direct contradiction to having the firmware state it adds Sierra 10.12 as a supported OS. Go figure! I so wanted to believe you found an update... but thanks for looking.

Found this:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART166610

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks again John. That is a good work around for general printing needs.

My specific problem at the moment is trying to print the first of two colour target sheets in order to calibrate my Canon Pro-1000 with ColorMunki Photo. The CP software doesn't allow any diversions, meaning you have to comply with each step of the process. It isn't possible to change any printing options, such as converting to pdf or tiff.

When i get to the stage of printing out the first test sheet the printer fails with the error "Filter failed". I don't really know what that means except that the printer's output is distorted & stops about a third down the page, as below. This happens every time I attempt the process.

X-rite has confirmed that it is a Canon printer driver issue with Sierra & i think they are right as Canon has itself notified that they have an issue. I gather once Canon resolves the driver problem, the ColorMunki issue will also resolve. Of course that doesn't help me right now trying to calibrate a new printer..

I appreciate your interest in helping me with this issue.

Cheers!

scan0001.jpg

Announcements