Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon Pro 9000 Mark2

Ive had this printer for a number of years now and its been great.  Ive never used it to its full capabilities but its been great for what i have needed it for.  Until recently when i print the quality just isnt the same.  Its much brighter, almost bleached looking once printed and ive fiddled around with all sorts of options and i still cant get it right.  Im not sure if there is something i am missing.  But when i called the helpline they said because i have Mac OS El Capitan that the Cannon Pro isnt compatible. First of al,l is this why my printer is printing like this? It seems to me there must be a setting or something i can change to make it print more true to the computer image... if this is the reason its printing like this, then i cant go back to a lower OS system, so am i now stuck with a photo printer that will never print properly again? in which case, thats a waste of a lot of money!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon Pro 9000 Mark2

[ Edited ]

According to the canon support site the Pro9000 Mark II is supported in El CApitan by this driver:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-professional-inkj...

Have you installed this driver?

2017-08-15 (3).png

Befroe updating an operating system version it is good practice to verify that critical software and hardware is supported.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472