cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-300 Loose Parts in Printer

mavila
Contributor

Hello,

Hoping I can get some help on this. I recently bought a used Canon Pro-300 printer. When I went to set it up, these two parts were laying on the bottom of the printer floor. Needless to say, I received a error message upon setup. The parts don't look broken. Looks like something that came loose during transit. Would anyone know where they belong and how I might be able to put them back in place?

Thanks in advance

-Manny

Pro-300 Parts.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

Jprebla
Contributor

Hi Manny,

I can't believe it, but I had the exact same issue when I opened my Prograf-300 a couple of weeks ago (July 19, 2023). Same loose plastic pieces. I bought mine new, and luckily it was still under warranty. Very easy replacement with Canon customer service.

JasonIMG_6714 2.jpgIMG_6741.jpg

Hello,

do you still have those pieces laying around? I am trying to figure out what the name of them are or if someone will send them to me so I can fix my printer that is not covered by Canon.

Dan

mavila
Contributor

That’s bizarre. Was it shipped to you like that? I was told these parts were off a roller mechanism. Thank God the guy I bought it from on eBay refunded me the money back. From Canon, there was nowhere to send it for repair. Bought a brand new one with extended warranty. The prints we get out of the pro-300 are incredible.

Yes, it was shipped to me like that. Glad you got refunded, and got a new printer w warranty. Happy printing!

remy73000
Apprentice

Hello,
I just purchased a second hand Canon Pro 200 and have the same plastic piece detached, do you have any solution ?
Thanks !
Remy

Oh no! I hope that it's still under warranty. Canon did a very speedy exchange. I needed to provide them with a proof of purchase, as follows:

GUIDELINES:

A valid product Proof-of-Purchase* must include all five (5) of the following details:

1. Retailer name
  2. Retailer address or store #
  3. Date purchased
  4. Specific product purchased
  5. Purchase price

*We will not accept typed receipts, handwritten receipts, receipts with missing, removed or lined out information (Credit Card Information may be lined out.), or UPC Bar Codes from the exterior of Canon product packaging.

The following items are NOT acceptable as valid Proof-of-Purchase unless they include numbers 1 - 5 listed above.

• Credit Card statements, bank statements, copies of checks
  • Order confirmations, payment confirmations
  • Quote requisitions, or packing slips

mavila
Contributor

I was told from Canon there was no solution. Only solution they had was if it was under warranty, they would send a new replacement printer. Nobody works on these printers in the USA. I was fortunate in that the seller refunded me the money on the damaged printer. I went out a bought a new printer with a Canon 4 year warranty.

dglenh12
Apprentice

Hello,

I am at the next level of this fault. My printer has the exact same issue, unfortunately, I purchased mine from a person on eBay who will not reimburse me and I cannot find a service supplier near me. My pieces are also broken.  I am wondering if you still have those pieces laying around and would be willing to send them to me because mine are actually broken, or do you know what they are called so I can try and scour the Internet to purchase some. Thank you so much.

Dan

The loose parts got shipped back with the printer to the person I bought the printer from.  

Announcements