cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100 Banding Issues

treedesign
Contributor

I'm having banding issues in the black ink. This doesn't happen using other colors. In the bottom of the poster shown below, the black has a band on the bottom.

I'm using 13x19" Epson Ultra Premium Matte Paper on a Macbook Pros Sierra 10.12.6 in Adobe Illustrator CS6. The printer settings are below. I've already cleaned the nozzles, bottom plate and roller and the same banding appears.

pro100.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 2.54.10 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know if this is your problem, but you have a setting mismatch.

Capture.JPG

You are calling for printing on plain paper but you selected matte photo paper as the media.

Try selecting Default Settings as the preset and Matte Photo Paper for the media type and see what happens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John, I'll try that.

Did this solve your problem? I also have banding problems with my 8x10 and 11x14 prints with dark backgrounds. Exact same issue as shown in the picture above. Canon's email support was not helpful. I will try live support but I would love to know how you resolved this issue.

treedesign
Contributor
I think my black ink was low. When I changed the cartridge, the banding issue resolved.

Thanks for responding. I wish mine was that simple. Replaced all the inks and still have the issue. 😞

Did you also try doing a regular and deep cleaning? I remember doing those a couple times at the time of the banding issue.

I will try doing them again tonight. I had Canon support on the phone the other night and she could not fix it either. Had me do the roller cleaning a few times which didn't help. Since the printer is still under warranty, Canon is sending me a new one. I hate that it goes thru ink so quickly, but I'm also determined to figure this out even though they are replacing it...so 
I will try those cleaning things when I get home from work. Thnak you!

Announcements