cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 A2 Envelope Printing

jcg-mav
Apprentice

I am trying to print return addresses on A2 envelopes on my Canon Pro-100...is this possible?  There is no selection for this size or even any envelope size on the print preview screen.

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Pro-100 is primarily a photo printer, designed to print primarily on various sizes of photo paper.  It is not a general purpose printer for printing text documents like letters, reports, or envelopes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi jsg-mav,

The PIXMA PRO-100 can print on certain types of envelopes.

What operating system is installed on your computer; Windows or Mac OS X?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Windows is installed on my computer.  I would appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks so much!

Hello. Specifying a custom paper size may allow you to print with this type of envelope. Try the following: 1. With your document open, click File and choose Print. 2. Select the PRO-100 and choose Properties or Preferences. 3. For the Media Type, choose Envelope. 4. For the Paper Size, expand the menu and choose "Custom" towards the bottom. 5. Enter the dimensions for your envelope. Once this has been done, try printing to test the adjustment. This didn't answer your question or issue? Contact Us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666).
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Michael!  This worked!  The only issue I am now having is that it is printing crooked.  Any ideas on what I can do to fix that?

Thanks so much!

Our Pro-100 printers will not feed A2 envelopes no matter how many times we try. Using custom settings/envelope setting, it doesn't matter. It pulls in the flap and envelope body separately in such a way as it destroys it.

Angie1
Apprentice
I am also having this issue, I printed 3 A2 envelopes no problem then they printed crooked, then printer stopped working with the envelopes...I then proceeded to complete my project with printing A2 flat cards the first 8 came out perfect, then the color got darker and I haven’t been able to get it to work...I’m very frustrated, can anyone tell me what I could do to fix this issue? I’m using a Mac, and used envelope
Loading in a custom setting.

Hi Angie, 

I was wondering if you ever found a solution to crooked printing on your envelopes? I also had this problem and the Canon phone help line I called said it could be dust and to clean out the feed tray...which didn't work. The only solution I have found... which is a terrible one... is to use wasi tape and tape my envelope to a 8.5x11 paper and print it that way. This is a painful process though especially when you have over 200 envelopes to print like I normally do. I don't recommend it, but it does work if your on a tight deadline and cannot get your envelopes printed elsewhere.

I have also had problems with the colouring being dark. I only bought this printer this past November and did so because all the reviews from other stationery designers were positive but I'm considering selling it and purchasing a different brand.

Sorry I'm not much help but wanted to let you know you are not alone. Maybe Canon will have an alternative solution to dust...

Thanks!

Katlyn,

Did you ever find a solution or a better printer?  I'm in the very same situation!

Lee

Announcements