cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro100 networking wire not working

Artlady622
Apprentice

We recently had a long black out. I had to reset the router, and although I used the same password, obviously everything has to be updated.  When I use the Canon Network utility and connect my MacBook pro to the printer using the supplied USB cord, I get an error message that there is no printer connected. I need to make this connection to update the router password for wireless printing AND even to print directly. I tried three other system to USB wires, and none of them work at all. This is all I get:

"The printer that is connected with the USB cable was not detected.
To set up a network connection for a new printer, connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable, confirm the following, and then click [OK].

-The printer driver is installed.
-The printer is turned on.
-The USB cable is connected correctly.

If the printer to be used is already set up for network connection, simply click [OK]."

Any Ideas?  Also, How can I access or create an IP address for this printer on my network. I see the WIFI light is on, but obviously it's not working because I had to reset the router. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Artlady622wrote:

We recently had a long black out. I had to reset the router, and although I used the same password....

Lets assume nothing got damaged. 

Why reset the router?  Its settings are retained, even in the event of power loss.  The SSID name is case sensitive, so it you didn't recreate the 2.4Ghz broadcast with the exact same settings, the printer will not connect.

I would follow these steps for MAC

Ensure the configuration and set up of your router's 2.4Ghz wireless setup.  Ensure your MacBook is connected to the same network.  Run the set up utility again.

If after doing this, you still receive the error "No printer detected" then I'd have to ask if the printer was turned on when the power failure occurred, if it was protected, and was it just a power failure?  Storms can causes surges, brownouts, power dips and fluctuations many electronic devices or their power supllies cannot handle well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Why reset the router? It reset itself to default settings - not my doing.  If it had NOt reset itself, I wouldn't be having this problem.

The port is obviously defective.  My USB port on my laptop works fine. I used 4 different A-B cords - none of them worked.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Artlady622,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements