cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 printing too green!

mdposas
Apprentice

Hi everybody, I'm trying to make some fine art prints of my original paintings.

I had professional high resolution photos taken of my work, and have edited the colors in photoshop (with monitor set to medium brightness... I know that sometimes bright monitors are to blame for color discrepancies). I am printing from photoshop and set the colors to be managed by photoshop, yet in many of my paintings the colors are way too green. And yes, I've also downloaded the correct ICC profiles for the types of paper I'm using.

20161012_172750.jpg

Is there any setting on the printer to help with this? Help!

38 REPLIES 38

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you printing from Windows or Mac computer?

Is printer color matching set to None or Off?

Try using Print Studio Pro. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm having the same problem 😞 I'm printing from Mac but I took it to my inlaws house and printed from their PC and have had the same issue. I've also tried Print Studio Pro and used every combination of ICC profiles as well as let PS control colors but no matter what I do it turns out with a green cast 😞 even on my b&w pics and on matt or gloss canon photo paper I really just want to take a hammer to it :'(

I also have the same problem. I have a PC win 10 and try printing from Lightroom, Photoshop or the canon pro print it is always the same. Even try on my wife computer and samething . I always get a green cast on my photo even when printing in B&W.

Can someone please help us..

Can you download the test image from this site, print it and post a screen shot?

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Also, what are your printing settings in Print Studio Pro? Can you pst a screen shot?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

AdamQuinnArt
Contributor

I figured it out (On Mac). The same would happen to me whenever I tried to print from another user on my computer the settings would reset and my prints would have a green tenting over them. Go to print if in Photoshop, once the print page comes up go to print settings, Layout, Quality & Media, Photo Papers, and the one that works for me is Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (but you may need to try diferent ones to see which one you were using before it forgot and went crazy. Then make sure if your in photoshop  to set photo shop maniges colors, also choose in the photoshop print window your paper tipe and you should be good to go.Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 2.36.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-29 at 2.36.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-29 at 2.37.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-29 at 2.38.05 PM.png

I had a similar problem. Trawled the internet looking for answers and tried deleting and reinstalling the driver, new profiles, etc (since a green tint is often a symptom of a mismatched or missing print profile). In the end, I realised that when replacing the magenta cartridge (green tinge on prints indicating a lack of magents) I'd forgotten to remove the tab that covers the ink output hole. It probably won't apply to most people with the problem, but if you are getting a green tint, check the ink cartridges just to be sure! If I'd seen this message I wouldn't have been so stupid and wasted so much time, ink, sanity and paper...

I think you may have two errors that might be cancelling each other. If I am reading your screenshots correctly you selected the Pro Luster ICC profile in Photoshop and the Plus SemiGloss media type in the driver. Are you saying you get the green cast when you select Luster as both ICC profile and media type? If so, there is a problem that you haven't identified; its just being masked.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I think you may have two errors that might be cancelling each other. If I am reading your screenshots correctly you selected the Pro Luster ICC profile in Photoshop and the Plus SemiGloss media type in the driver. Are you saying you get the green cast when you select Luster as both ICC profile and media type? If so, there is a problem that you haven't identified; its just being masked.

Good catch, John!

When I test this using Lightroom ... if I ask Lightroom (Lightroom Classic CC) to manage the color then the choice of color management on my Mac's print dialog is disabled (grayed-out).  This is also the case if I use Canon Print Studio Pro to manage the color.  

I didn't test it with Photoshop CC but I would expect that it would similarly block color changes.  This is an older version of Photoshop (and I'm not if the OP mentioned which version of macOS they are running) ... but generally you want to manage color in only one place.  

The nice thing about Canon Print Studio Pro is they try to keep you from doing this sort of thing.  Normally you pick the printer and tell it which paper you want to use as well as the quality level and it auto-selects the correct ICC profile (you can manually pick it, but they suggest you just leave it on 'automatic' and it will pick the correct profile for you.)

I own PRO-10 and I haven't used the PRO-100... but on mine you also see ICC profiles based on quality level.  For example... if I use Canon's Pro Luster LU-101 paper, I have two profiles... one is "Canon PRO-10 <LU> 1/2 Photo Paper Pro Luster" and the other is "Canon PRO-10 <LU> 3 Photo Paper Pro Luster" and the difference between the "1/2" vs. "3" is the quality level.  Canon has up to 5 quality levels (depending on printer and paper) ranked 1 through 5... with 5 being highest quality and 3 being lower quality but faster printing speed.  If I print at "standard" quality then they want you to choose choice "3" but if I ask it to print in "high" quality mode then they want you to choose the "1/2" (meaning quality level 1 or 2 (it's not one-half)).  This changes the amount of ink that is used and Canon adjusts the profile to compensate.

Again... if you use Canon Print Studio Pro and pick the correct paper type and quality, then you can set the ICC profile to "Auto" and it'll just grab the right one.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

How my settings changed is still a mystry to me. However, changing from printer management to Photoshop Elements management, saved me a lot of headaches. Thanks.

Announcements