cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro-100 printing incorrect sizes

NYCNoir
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently got this printer, and absolutely love it, the print quality is amazing. However, I cannot print the correct image sizes from Print Studio Pro. I have images that are 8x10" and I want to print them on standard 8,5x11" paper so I'll have a border. I select "bordered" and that paper size in the dialogue, but when the prints come out, they're about 7x9", smaller than the actual image. When I try to print a 6x8" image, it also comes out about 7x9".

There's no way to adjust image size that I can see, only paper size. I can scale the image to make it larger, but since there's no ruler, I can't scale them to the exact size I want (8x10"). I can print the correct sizes directly from Photoshop, but the quality is so much better with Print Studio Pro.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can do it in the Layout dropdown menu.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You can do it in the Layout dropdown menu.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I didn't notice there was a dropdown menu! Thank you so much!

Thanks for this. I was going out of my mind. I'm so used to Lightroom and Photoshop using the down arrow to indicate that something is expanded that I never once thought to click on the down arrow to expand the option set and I could find nothing about that in the online documentation. Spent a day going out of my mind.

AM I being dense or do I have to choose print size by setting up the four margins, no direct way to just say "center 5X6" ?

You should be able to choose the print size or custom size. Not working?

joanneg
Apprentice

I have the same problem but printing from Mac "photo" library.  Initially had no issues and suddenly every size I choose is  about a 2" x 3".   I reset the printer and I tried using the software that comes with the printer.  The printer software doesn't allow me to choose my photos from my library.  Now, unable to print at all.

Please help.

Hi joanneg,

Are you still experiencing difficulties with print size?  If so, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes. I'm all good now. thank you

Hi

i too am having the same problem - but at the moment can still print  - every time I try to print a photo it only prints the full image on a quarter of the page size - canon hasn’t been able to solve the problem so far 

please could help me - much appreciated - thank you 

Announcements