cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Paper for B&W Portraits

Tinman
Enthusiast

I started using a “Pixma Pro-100”. I will be printing B&W prints  (Portraits) about 75% of the time. What Canon paper would be best for this purpose?

TIA for your help.

Nikon D600; Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G, 85mm f/1.8G, 70-300mmG f/4.5 - 5.6 VR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Devin:

Thanks for the response. I will give the Canon Matte paper a try.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Karl1
Rising Star

H Tinman,

It really dpends on the effect you are looking for.  If y ou are looking for a picture that would resemble a glossy film reproduction from a film camera, i would recommend one of our glossy papers such as the Photo Paper Platinum, or for less of a glossy shine, Photo Paper Semi-Gloss.  But if you don't want the glossy effect, Canon Premium Matte would be recommended.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Karl:

Thanks for your reply, what outcome will the Pro-100’s “dye ink” have on Canon Matte paper?

Hi Tinman,

The dye based inks should still work correctly on the Matte Photo Paper. Dyes have a better color gamut and work well with glossy paper. They can also look very good with matte paper. It's strictly the lack of archival stability that stops people from using dye based printers normally.

Devin:

Thanks for the response. I will give the Canon Matte paper a try.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements