cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibrate my Pro-100 to match my monitor. Printing 2/3 stop too light.

LMPhotography
Apprentice

My Pro-100 is printing about 2/3 stop too light.  I've calibrated my monitor and it fits with my histograms.  How do I calibrate my printer to match?

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, LMPhotography!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It will probably be much easier to make the monitor match the printer. Not vice versa.

I actually found that making sure the grayscale match is the best is the least trouble. On WIn 8, there is a calibration included and I get very good skin tones with this set correctly. However if you are after matching a specific color, you most likely will not be able to get all or some of the other colors right. 

If you just need to correct an f-stop or so, just reduce (or increase) your brightness on your monitor. Keep it simple, right?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am assuming that your situation is that 1. the print doesn't reflect the monitor view and 2. the monitor view is how you want the print to took.  In other words the print is 2/3 stops too light and you do not want it to look that way.  If so, Canon Print Studio Pro has an option to print a pattern print that allows you to adjust the printer settings to give you a print that you like. Go to Correction Pattern Print.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

So, is this only available under the Window's  Canon utility version? I'm not finding it in the Mac version. Any other suggestions for Mac users?  I've just finsihed calibrating my monitor with a Spyder 4 Pro and and the images I'm printing are still coming out dark. So, I'm a bit disappointed and not sure where the problem lies . . . monitor. printer, Spyder Pro or me/

You can download Print Studio Pro 1.3 for Mac from the Canon support site.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Have done so previously.  There is no Correction Pattern Print function listed.

Thanks anyway.

Hello again. Can you get a display like this in PSP?

Screen Shot 2013-12-26 at 5.21.07 PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If the printer is not printing what the monitor is seeing, all that is pure guess work.

Get your gray scale right and your contrast/brightness right and make a test print.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for your response.

In fact, I can get this same screen on my Mac. I had come across the "Pattern Print" option in a video tutorial previously and had forgotten about using this process/possibility. While it works, ultimately, it also  tends to use a lot of ink and paper to get to the desired effect. It is also why I had hoped to solve/resolve theses kinds of issues when I purchased  the Datacolor Spyder Pro 4. Silly me or maybe just naive me. False hopes and expectations.

Anyway, thanks for your help and direction. It's much appreciated. Hopefully I can find better, more cost effective ways of resolving this kind of issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements