cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to bypass Support code 1200??

selfhighfive
Apprentice

I have a Pixma Pro 9500 MkII that still prints great, but the latch that tells the printer the cover is closed has become faulty. Occasionally the printer will recognize that the cover is closed and everything works fine, but 95% of the time I'm stuck with a Support code 1200 message that reads "The printer's cover is open. Close the cover" (when the cover is closed obviously). 

Sometimes the error message will flick on and off while the lid is closed, and sometimes the error message shows consistently. Either way I'm unable to get any printing accomplished. I was able to physically hold the latch down with the cover open to make the 1200 error message go away, but that method has stopped working and I now still have an error even when I physically hold the latch down.

Is there any possible way to just bypass the 1200 error message? Something I can turn off in the printer's properties? I really need some way to resolve this issue without buying an entirely new printer.
I've tried getting help from Canon with this problem before but I was told that this model of printer is no longer supported so they couldn't help me.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

There may be a hardware issue that is causing this error.  The drivers and software on your computer would not be causing this.

Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this error.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements