cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alignment and size issues with art papers - Canon Pro-10s

tallwebbo
Contributor

Apologies - I posted this question in the wrong room here - feel free to delete/close it.

Hello Canon community,

Posting from the UK here as I'm trying to get some support for an issue with my new Canon Pixma Pro10s and i can't find any similar issues anywhere.

My printer works, is connected to my mac and prints A-OK on standard A4 papers ( Glossy, Oyster and Matt )

I can print throught lightroom, light room plugin and Print Shop Pro - everything works and prints look great, no issues there.

However, when I try and print to fine art papers the image will not centre - specifically on A4 (210x297mm)

I am aware of the margin 30 setting for thicker papers - but no matter how I set the job up - the print will come out off centre and at the wrong size (scanned example below)

For instance; lightroom preview gives me a printed area size of 150x237mm on a sheet of A4 which make sense - 30mm margins all around.

But when printed, prints come out smaller at a printed ara size of 210x140mm and with inconsistent margins.

The same happens in Canon's Print Shop Pro, but the alignment is inconsistent with Lightroom. Lightroom's PSP plugin also.

I have attached some screen grabs and scan so you can see the comparison of software against result.

Binder3.pdf

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 12.17.44.png

1-19066770417_Page_1.jpg

I am using the most recent drivers in OSX 10.10.5

I am baffled. Any ideas or assistance greatly appriciated. 

Thanks in advance

Rich

20 REPLIES 20

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Could you repost the section image more clearly so we can read the settings?  Thanks. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Of course - apologies, was sure if it would zoom or not.

Please see attached:

1-19066770417_Page_1.jpg1-19066770417_Page_2.jpg1-19066770417_Page_3.jpg1-19066770417_Page_4.jpg

Thanks again

Rich

Try setting top and bottom margin to "0" since the grayed area represents the Canon imposed margin.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John, but that doesn't work.

Trying to set the margins to zero only brings up a warning about the minimum imposed margin of 30mm.

You can see the written dimensions of the printed example and how they don't match any of the settings at all. It doesn't appear to be a percentage or a scale of the preview.

In addtion to this - if I print from lightroom direct - the top edge is narrow - if i print from the print studio pro lightroom plugin - the bottom edge is narrow, but the sizes are again different.

It's very odd.

Rich

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi Rich. I have a Pro-100. When I get home I will try my printer.

The primary advantage to PSP is that it takes care of all the appropriate LR or PS settings. Since you are printing from LR I’m not sure you gain anything from PSP and you lose the LR print sharpening.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John, much obliged.

Very True - i was trying both method to see if i could get a correct aligned print or spot an error - but I get incosistent errors from each. It's really odd, almost like a communication error and I can find no evidence anywhere else over the internet.

Heres my result in Windows. I will try my MacBook next.

2017-10-23.png

2017-10-23 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hey John,

Yes, i;ve just double checked again and I get a good result too if i print to file - it looks great - but if i actully print a hard copy, it goes nuts. Misligned and random size.

Here's my print to file preview:

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 21.54.30.png

Oh. I  get the same results (centered) if I print. I am printing to A3+.

If you go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners on the Mac do you have the Pro-10 Series printer showing or do you have the Bonjour version of the Pro-10 showing?

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 4.38.12 PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements