cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi setup out of the box fail

timothynance
Contributor

no instructions for wg3620 that work. setup just fails at searching. online manual says press color button then wifi button for another fail. just tries to print a page. how has canon not completely failed the consumer with what is included with their purchase? no usb cable. no smartphone. no wifi. wtf? i happened to have an old printer usb cable, regular usb doesn't work, and yet there is NO SETTING FOR WIFI in the marketing poison that is supposed to be the printer application. My brother laser is so much better it is embarassing. my first canon purchase. daughter has a school project due monday, it's saturday and there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE on the weekend? FAIL. I drive trains and we don't take a freeking weekend to move your stuff so move your butt and back up your products. sucks.

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, timothynance!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  To date, Canon USA hasn't offered a printer with a "WG" designation. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

timothynance
Contributor

i am so frustrated i flipped the w. WG3620

timothynance
Contributor

MG3620

timothynance
Contributor

ha ha ha the sad canon online manual says us the IJ Network Tool, WHERE IS IT? MG3620

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Step by step instructions for wireless set up (with pictures) is here:

Support | MG Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MG3620 | Canon USA

Drivers for your printer are at the link below.  Make sure the correct operating system is selected in the drop down menu.  Support for W7, 8, 10, 11 and MAC OS through v12 Monterey is available. 

Support | MG Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MG3620 | Canon USA

The printer will only connect to a 2.4 Ghz wireless broadcast, so make sure you are not trying to connect it to a dual or tri-band wireless network that uses the same SSID name for all wireless broadcasts.

If you need more assistance, fellow users like yourself usually spend time on the forums during weekends, so someone is bound to be able to help if you need it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements