cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma ts3322 offline but its not

Rick7
Apprentice

Windows 11 computer still prints fine. All windows 10 computers show offline. The printer is visible in the router settings. Wasted too many hours resetting and troubleshooting. If I delete the printer, it cant be found again? Honestly its a deal breaker for me. I have recommended and installed hundreds of canon printers. Will there be a fix for the drivers? Will I wait for it? Will I ever buy or suggest to my customers that they buy canon? If anyone has a fix that does not include the general home user troubleshooting, I am all ears.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

This fix does not involve general home user troubleshooting.

You indicated the printer is connected to your wireless network and your Windows 11 computer is printing.

Login to the routers admin portal and reserve the IP address the router has assigned to the printer.

Now confirm you can ping the printer using its IP address from a command prompt on one of the Windows 10 PC's.

Next, remove the printer from any Windows 10 PC that is not able to connect currently.  Then restart the system.

Now connect the printer as a TCP IP device using its IP address.  This is in control panel device and printers. Use the add button at the top of the applet.  Select the line at the bottom. I do not see the printer I want to add and then select the TCP/IP address radio button.  Now enter the IP address you reserved previously.

All of this is contingent upon you being able to ping the IP address of the printer from a command prompt successfully.  Once that communication is verified, you'll be able to add the printer by its IP address.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

This fix does not involve general home user troubleshooting.

You indicated the printer is connected to your wireless network and your Windows 11 computer is printing.

Login to the routers admin portal and reserve the IP address the router has assigned to the printer.

Now confirm you can ping the printer using its IP address from a command prompt on one of the Windows 10 PC's.

Next, remove the printer from any Windows 10 PC that is not able to connect currently.  Then restart the system.

Now connect the printer as a TCP IP device using its IP address.  This is in control panel device and printers. Use the add button at the top of the applet.  Select the line at the bottom. I do not see the printer I want to add and then select the TCP/IP address radio button.  Now enter the IP address you reserved previously.

All of this is contingent upon you being able to ping the IP address of the printer from a command prompt successfully.  Once that communication is verified, you'll be able to add the printer by its IP address.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick7
Apprentice

Thank you for the quick response, 

The solution was reserving the IP address in the router. The Ubiquity DM pro has no shortage of settings.

I'm still not sure when the change happened, everything was printing fine not that long ago. My grand daughter pressed the print button over 100 times before she asked me why it's not printing.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Glad it helped 🙂

Ubiquiti APs are tricky at times.  They have another feature that I don't recall what Ubiquiti calls it that allows you to associate an endpoint with a particular AP on the network.  Devices can still seamlessly roam, but it lets you associate persistent devices (like a printer) to one AP (example the closest) for best possible connectivity.  The good news is now that you have a reserved addressed, the printer will always be discoverable at its static destination.  Have a great weekend!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements