cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX 420 CD-ROM Needed

Lomonicaj
Apprentice

Hi, I am requesting if anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. I am needing the CD ROM for the Pixma MX 420 printer.  I have to print out some reports for work and I can't because I need the updated printer information for Windows 11.  I have tried using a representative from Microsoft to help and try and download the printer that's on the website, but it will not install its still missing the driver.  Please contact me at lomonicaj@gmail.com.  I appreciate any assistance you can give.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

The Pixma MX420 printer has been retired by Canon.  On the product's Support Page, they make mention that "Driver and content updates are not being made".  The last avaiable driver for Windows operating systems is for Windows 10.

It's possible that driver may still work in Windows 11? But there is definitely no dedicated Windows 11 driver for this printer.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite

The Pixma MX420 printer has been retired by Canon.  On the product's Support Page, they make mention that "Driver and content updates are not being made".  The last avaiable driver for Windows operating systems is for Windows 10.

It's possible that driver may still work in Windows 11? But there is definitely no dedicated Windows 11 driver for this printer.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you so much.  I kept playing with it until it finally accepted the driver.  It’s working just fine.  

Announcements