cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX520 always offline

cavaughan
Apprentice

I don't know for sure whether this is a printer issue or a router issue. I've had the MX520 for about a year now.  I only use it for it's Google cloud printing functionality. I rarely print, but whenever I need to it is never online. One trick that generally works is to unplug (reboot) my wireless router. But recently even that didn't work, so I went through the printer's menu to reset it up as a Google cloud printer. That brought it back online, but I found today that I still had to reboot my router to make it appear as being online and available. 

Note: my printer is connected to the router wirelessly. If I check the printer it shows the router, but says something like, "unavailable." But as soon as the router is rebooted it connects.

Any ideas about what's going on?

2 REPLIES 2

cavaughan
Apprentice

As an update to the situation with my Canon printer. I did find a forum where someone mentioned disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting. Since doing that I haven't had any issues.

Update. My MX520 was offline today and I have been unsuccessful in getting it to reconnect. I even deleted the existing wireless profile and tried resetting it up and it would not connect. 

Announcements