cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my mg5300 printer to stop turning off?

lkase
Apprentice

How do I get my mg5300 printer to stop turning off automatically? My print queue gets backed up because I don't realize it has turned off, then I have to turn it back on and get a message that the printer was turned off improperly and have to press ok and often have to then press resumre printing on my laptop to get things to print. Is there some way to turn it back on wirelessly?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi lkase,

The auto power off settings of the printer are not valid when using the printer wirelessly.  The issue you are experiencing may be resulting from a port on your router turning off when the printer is not used for a while, causing the printer not to respond on the network.  To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that ports and programs required by the printer are not being blocked by security or firewall programs.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements