cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless canon5200 error

maginow1
Contributor

I have a new router which I have connected my canon MG5200 wirelless to without a problem.  the problem is I have a "Default Error" showing on my computer keeping me from printing.

Hope you can help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello!

PIXMA MG5200 is the series number, not the model number! You should see the exact model number on the front of the printer, bottom left corner. We think it might be the MG5220. Once you find this please let us know the model number if you still can't find it on the support list!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi maginow1,

What version of Windows (or Mac OS X) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Windows 10

maginow1,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

maginow1
Contributor
Windows 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help.  Visit www.usa.canon.com to download the latest drivers.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

did my solve my problem

My printer is not on Canon list

Hello!

PIXMA MG5200 is the series number, not the model number! You should see the exact model number on the front of the printer, bottom left corner. We think it might be the MG5220. Once you find this please let us know the model number if you still can't find it on the support list!

Thanks!

maginow1
Contributor

I uninstalled printer-reinstalled checked to install new printer driver   - It installed same driver.  Says the best driver is already installed.  

I found more info

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000250 EndHTML:000007003 StartFragment:000006078 EndFragment:000006953 StartSelection:000006078 EndSelection:000006949 SourceURL:http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/false-positives-in-driver-updatesFalse Positives in Driver Updates | DeviceDriverFinder.com

False Positives in Driver Updates

July 19th, 2010

Programs that automatically update device drives on your system need to match the hardware in your system with the devices in their database. Once a match is found, they check the driver version to see if it is newer, so the update can be recommended.

That sounds pretty simple, doesn’t it?

Well, in a way it is, but still it is possible that a driver update program recommends a program that should not be installed on your system. We call this a false positive. There are two possible reasons for a false positive in driver updates, a device mismatch and a driver version mismatch.

I checked Canon.com and my printer isn't listed.

Donna

Announcements