cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 8 mf4890 print

bhaglind
Apprentice

Thanks to the tips on getting scanning to work and how to clear out the lingering bits & pieces that prevented new driver install.

Now I cannot print to the mf4890dw.  Job shows up in queue, but I get "Error cannot print" and no useful information about why I am getting an error, not even the whisper of an error code.

The printer is clearly installed in Devices & Printers with the correct name.  The printer is clearly online.  The print job gets submitted and just hangs out in the print queue, then eventually shows error, but I never get told why.

Pardon me....I need to go pull out my certified Microsoft Crystal Ball so I can figure out what is wrong!

Seriously.  This ain't helpful.  Hints are welcome.  I really don't want to re-re-re-install the software.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi bhaglind!

So that I better assist you, I would like to ask a few questions:

1. How is the printer connected to the computer?  Is it connected with a USB cable directly to the computer or wirelessly over the network?
  2. How many icons are listed for the the MF4800 Series in the Devices & Printers window?

I look forward to your reply.  If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements