cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is error 5100 for multifunction printeers and how do you fix it?

WarrenSmith
Apprentice

92 REPLIES 92

Gumba3
Contributor

My printer reads support code 1500. I had a paper jam when I received this code. I removed the paper that was jammed in the printer. I have turned off my printer off 10 times, cancelled the printing orders that was pending when I recieved this code. It is giving me Support code 1500 and gives me 3 steps. I did remove the paper that was jammed, I ensured that there was no objects jammed into the printer and turned it off several times. 

I have used a flaslight to ensure that there is no objects jammed in on both sides. I load the paper into the tray and turn on the printer. The printer makes a weird sound and the support code 1500 will not go away no matter how many times I turn it on and off. 

All I currently, know at the moment is that my print is a Canon and I am using ink cartridges 251 XL. I am currently at work and not able to provide the model number of the printer. I am done my shift at 5:45 am and will be home around 6 - 6:30 am if you require further information.

Can you help me to get rid of the code?

Hi Gumba3,

We can assist you with clearing the 1500 error, but we would need to know the model number of your Canon printer.

Once we know this, we can assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My printer is Canon Pixma 5520

Hi Gumba3!

For an Error Code 5100, follow the steps below:

1. Cancel printing, then turn the device off.
2. Remove any foreign objects from the paper output slot, rear side and inside of the device.
3. Make sure that the ink tanks or ink cartridges are installed correctly.
4. Turn the device on again.

If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service center. The number in Canada should be 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). 

I did try those steps and I was still getting that signal. Thank you for help. I appreciate your help. When I got home and attempted to use my scanner. The issue resolved itself. I am able to print without having any error codes. 

Gumba3
Contributor

It is a Canon Pixma 5520

kate7
Apprentice

@WarrenSmith wrote:

SherryAK
Apprentice
I keep getting that error on my MX492. I was attempting to align it because it is WAY off.

Hi, SherryAK!

Please try the steps found by clicking HERE.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

je1
Apprentice

I am just setting up my mx922 printer and i get an error code 5100. I havent figured out what is wrong. 

Announcements