cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution menu driver is not installed

geneelliott
Apprentice

I recently purchased a new HP Envy computer with Windows 8.1 and have experienced some difficulty in getting my Canon MG6120 printer to print. I get this error message "a driver supporting Solution Menu is not installed". I have attempted to install the driver but have not had any success as the installation aborts with a message that my wireless printer is not connected to the computer. Can anyone help me with my Catch 22 situation?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Do you have the 8.1 driver.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6120#D...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John, thanks for taking the time to respond. I finally gave up and just resorted to the old USB connection...

Ramona
Authority

Hi geneelliott,

When reinstalling the drivers, please ensure that any antivirus for firewall software that is on your computer is temporarily disabled, as these programs can sometimes block the printer from being detected on the network during installation.  Once the printer is detected successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

You will also want to download the drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website to ensure that the latest versions are installed.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MG6120.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MP drivers file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the MP drivers file, please follow the steps above to also download the Solution Menu EX program from the Software section.  The rest of the software for the printer can also be downloaded from the Software section if needed.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona, thanks for the reply. I finally gave up and just resorted to the old USB connection....

kmcphee
Apprentice

I just received a new Del computer and my Canon MP610 solutions menu is not installing from my printer.  I had no problem on my previous Dell installing this.  I have Windows 7 Professional.

Please help.  I use this for work all the time and need the Scanning feature for saving documents and the like.

I tried to install from you site, but the only thing available is a WinZip file to download.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements