cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner not working

Ibg
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6220 and I can't scan documents to my computer. I was able to do it earlier but now I don't have "use scanner" icon in my main menu and quick menu. Do I have to install some extra driver or what I can do? Because I lost my CD I installed it from Canon website,  it has  all same features, right?

62 REPLIES 62

Mindyrose and nikkijo9,

Are you able to scan with our IJ Scan Utility program on your computer?

For faster assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cdaddyisout
Apprentice

i have a pixma mx410... on other computers i had a menu when i installed the software.. now i have window 7 64bit on a desktop and when i try to scan from the pixma i get error saying i need to reinstall the software when i have repeatedly installed... this is really pissing me off because i'm computer literate and your programs aren't working and all searches on the problem tell me nothing other than other people are having similar problems.. why won't your drivers and i have used 2 different ones, give me the mx410 menu anymore

Penny1
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with an MG6660 using OS 10.12 here in Australia. I can't find a driver for either my printer or operating system on the download site. I was scanning just fine a few months ago and now nothing. I've tried all the suggestions on here, but still no joy. I can print and copy just fine!

Any ideas? 

angie_151182
Apprentice

Hi, I have the PIXMA MP560 and i can print via wireless LAN however i cannot scan anymore. I have tried options listed however none seem to work on my model. HELP! Please.

Hi angie_151182,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

A Technical Support Representative will be able to resolve this issue for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this same printer and it will act like it will scan and say printing momentarliy but it just switches back to the orginal scan screen and does nothing.  The printer is fine but the scanner won't work.

charliebates
Apprentice

I've had my Canon MG6200 for about four years and have never had a problem.  Lately, however, I have trouble scanning.  It won't scan using the controls on top of the printer and won't scan from computer.  About three months ago I got a new HP lap top.  It was identical to my previous lap top except it was supposed to be faster.  Anyway, I was eventually able to scan a document, but it was a PDF document.  Can you please help. 

Hi charliebates,

Are you using your PIXMA MG6200 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MG6200 wirelessly?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer;  Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

neneloco15
Apprentice

I have the MG7720 and my canon quick menu does not have an option to scan. I tried reinstalling the drivers with no success. Please advise.

Im running Win 10 Pro

haship
Apprentice

I just got a new computer and now my scanner on my printer MX472 does not work

Announcements