cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"installation failed"

sfphoto
Contributor

I downloaded the full software plus just the driver(s) for an MG2520 printer.

The software selected was based on auto detection of my Mac OS.

Installatoin of all said  "installation failed".

Additional

Apple says CUPS 10.72.10 is needed, the Canon download is for 11.7.1.0

11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sfphoto,

What version of OS X is installed on your Mac?

To determine this, please click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then About This Mac.  The version of OS X installed on your computer will be listed in the window that appears.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Snow Leopard is installed - this is an old MacBook

The MG2520 download page offers 10.6 drivers.

Since Apple says Snow Leopard uses Canon CUPS 10.72.10 can anyone direct me to a download URL for such?

Am I correct in assuming that the printer should NOT be connected prior to software installation?

Hi sfphoto,

Yes, you will want to ensure that the printer is not plugged in prior to being prompted to by the installation program.  The latest drivers and software that we have for the printer are available on the Canon USA website here.  Please note, you will need to have at least Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed on your Mac; earilier versions of Mac OS X10.6 are not compatible with the printer.

Should you still experience difficulty installing the printer, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Ramona for your response.

The MacBook has 10.6.8

Installation of MG2520 driver 11.7.1.0 (noted at the Canon site for 10.6) says  "installation failed"

I called Canon support, they said if the download did not work to call Apple.

Apple says for Canon printers & 10.6.8 to use Canon CUPS 10.72.10 and to contact Canon to obtain such.

Hoping you can provide 10.72.10

Hi again,

The latest driver for 10.6 is 11.7.1 and that is the driver that should be used to install your MG2520 on your Macbook.  Older versions are not available.

With this said, What is the exact error message that you get?  Additionally, Is there an error code as well?  If so, what error code appears?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Says "installation failed", and unknown error occured

Why are older versions not availble?

Hi sfphoto,

The driver that is available on Canon's web site is the driver that should be used to install your PIXMA MG2520 on your Mac.

Because you are experiencing an "installation failed" message, it is recommended that Apple is contacted for further assistance.  You may have to perform a repair of disk permissions which Apple support can determine if that is what is needed and can assist you with performing that procedure.

I contacted Apple, they said that 10.72.10 is the driver versoin needed for OS 10.6

I tried several different Canon drivers, all v 11.7.1 on 3 different Macs all running OS 10.6 and Allhad the installation failed message. 

mcp6-mac-mp495-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg

mcp6-mac-mg2500-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg

mcp6-mac-mg2100-11_7_1_0-ea17_2.dmg

I suggest to you that driver v 11.7.1 is NOT compatabile w/ OS 10.6 and that an OLDER driver will work.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Announcements