cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You do not have the required permissions to access the specified folder" code 9,244,3 on TS5020

alondes
Apprentice

I have this error from the subject line when scanning on the Canon TS5020.

I have read other posts with similar errors but nothing has worked.

Perhaps it is the result of the recent Windows 10 update from October 2017.

Tried running as an Administrator but that didn't work.  Tried changing destination folders but I get the same error box message to even try that.

I can see the mechanical part of the scanning process work when I push the buttons manually on the machine itself but it's on the Surface Pro 3 that the software blocks it for the weird permission issue.  I even tried reinstalling everything.

Right now it's only good for printing.

Would love to hear the magic solution.

2 REPLIES 2

KDef
Enthusiast
Make sure you've reboot your PC recently (updates require that or they get really weird). then try another folder in an entirely different location (like desktop vs. documents folder). Beyond that, start looking at your anti-virus, but I think one of the first two should get you on the way.

jackson8802
Apprentice
I am having the same issue on a MG2525, I have removed all the software and re installed it and that did not work. I made sure that "Everyone" had full control of the C: drive and that is not working either. Any help would be nice.
Announcements