Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: printer won't detect new full print cartridge

My Cannon MG3520 might be the biggest piece of garbage I have ever puchased from anyone. It has never worked right. Having to spend days trying to get new ink cartridges to work is totally insane. I will never puchase Cannon again.

New Contributor

throw it in the trash & buy a differant brand. I have fought with this a couple years now.

New Contributor

I am having similar issues with my MG2920. I replaced the black ink (while it was low, but prior to running out completely). It will not register the new cartridge. I have taken out the black cartridge and unplugged to preform the reset. When the start up is complete the black ink light keeps blinking. I tried holdin Stop for 10 seconds, now both the Black Ink and Power lights are flashing at the same time.

New Contributor

I have tried all of these ideas and nothing works. It's ridiculous that so many people are suffering from the same issue. These printers average a year old. Mine has been doing this for months. New ink and can't print. Ridiculous that there isn't more help than this.

Hi tbaldwin31! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you are in a time crunch, there is an option to email our technical support team. Emails have an 8 hour turnaround time. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

New Contributor

Got to the unplug line (line 6) and now my printer wont turn on.  Went from bad to worse with this whole cartridge issue.

Highlighted

Hi, UserFriendly!

Thanks for posting.  Several Canon printer models have been mentioned in this conversation thus far.  So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!