cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 stuck in copy mode

lymanlr
Apprentice

I am trying to print with my canon pixma MX492, using a windows 10 home from microsoft word.  I keep getting an error, and the printer screen says copy.  It is stuck in copy mode.

5 REPLIES 5

lymanlr
Apprentice

my printer is stuck in copy mode.  canon pixma MX492.  I am useing windows home 10. printing from Word.

Hi lymanir,

Are you using your PIXMA MX492 with a USB cable or are you using your PIXMA MX492 wirelessly?

Do you get an error when attempting to print?  If so, what is the exact wording of the error message that appears?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Me too - the thing is USELESS!

tmej1973
Apprentice

I do not have this issue on my new computer, but I had to send it in for a graphics card issue and am using my older laptop. Since I have loaded the driver for the printer I am having the same issue as you; stuck in Copy Only mode.
It has been a total pain and a huge waste of a time, I hope you get your issue fixed soon and I am glad you posted this as I see a reply from Cannon below; fingers crossed the link provided solves the issue! Smiley Very Happy

B2BHike
Apprentice

I had similar problem with Pixma G2260 with Mas OS 11--had been printing just find, then spontaneously flipped into copy mode and was stuck there.  I tried reset, power/USB off, restart computer, etc without resolution. It was Sat and couldn't get tech support.  Finally since I almost never copy, in desperation I trashed the scan app and now it prints fine.  On Monday I will attempt to get tech support to resolve the issue

Announcements