cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please tell me how to easily scan a document to email on my Canon mg5420 all-in-one printer

figgienewton
Apprentice

Please tell me how to easily scan a document to email on my Canon mg5420 all-in-one printer; the directions are hard to understand.

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi figgienewton,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), as well as what email program you will be using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My Mac's OS is OS 10.9.5, and I use Mac Mail on Safari.

Ramona
Authority

Hi figgienewton,

To scan an item to be attached to an email, please follow these steps:

1. Open the IJ SCAN UTILITY program.

2. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.

3. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN or PHOTO SCAN option on the left pane of the window, depending on what you would like to scan.

4. In the right pane of the window, locate the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, then click on the radio button next to the ATTACH TO EMAIL option.

5. In the drop-down arrow next to the ATTACH TO EMAIL field, select your email application. If your email program is not listed, please click the ADD... button to navigate to the location of your email program, then click OK to have that email

program added to the drop-down field.

6. Once your email program has been specified in the APPLICATION SETTINGS section, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.

7. Click the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan and attach to email. Scanning starts. When the items are finished scanning, your email program will be launched and the scanned item(s) will be attached.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

peterhassett
Apprentice

how to connect and operate scanner

peterhassett
Apprentice

this is a test

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements