cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my canon mx892 will not print because of error U052.

markmarn
Apprentice

our canon mx892 will not print due to error U052.  i followed all of the suggested steps for this problem related to an MX700 but it did not correct the problem. now what?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have replaced the printhead, following your instructions, several times but the error message still occurs and will not let me even use the menu button.  The red light on the "M" ink cartridge blinks slowly instead of staying on solid.  By the way, your instructions left out a step:  remove all the ink cartridges before lifting the print head lock lever.  

This error message came on as i was using the printer to print and i had not removed the print head or replaced any cartridges.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

Julius
Rising Star

Hi markmarn ,

Please try the following procedure to reseat the print head and inks:

1. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover), then hold it open with the Scanning Unit Support (A).

The Print Head Holder moves to the replacement position.

2. Raise the Print Head Lock Lever (E).

Caution : Firmly raise the Print Head Lock Lever until it stops. (The Print Head Lock Lever may feel heavy.)

Note : If the Print Head Holder does not move, make sure that the machine is turned on.

3. Remove the Print Head from the silver package.

Caution : There may be some transparent or light blue ink on the inside of the bag the Print Head comes in, or the inside of the protective cap - this has no effect on print quality. Be careful not to get ink on yourself when handling these items. Be careful not to stain your hands.

4. Remove and discard the orange protective cap.

5. Tilt the Print Head and set it in place. Lower the Print Head Lock Lever (E) completely.

Caution : Do not knock the Print Head against the sides of the Holder.

Be sure to install it in a well-lit environment.

Pinch the Print Head Lock Lever firmly and lower it gently.

Once you have installed the Print Head, do not remove it unnecessarily.

6. Now, install the ink tanks.

Install the Ink Tanks

1. Pull the orange tape (1) in the direction of the arrow to peel off the protective film and remove the film (2) completely.

2. While pressing down with your left thumb, twist off the orange protective cap (A) located on the bottom of the ink tank.

Caution : Do not hold the sides of the ink tank; ink may splash.

3. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
    1. Insert the front end of ink tank into the Print Head at a slant.

Make sure that the position of the ink tank matches the label.

2. Press the mark (Push) on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.

Make sure that the ink lamp lights up red.

3. Make sure the Ink lamp lights red.

Caution :Be sure to install it in a well-lit environment

Important : Match the labels when installing.

4. Install all the other ink tanks in the same way.

5. Install all the ink tanks.

Caution :Once you have installed the ink tanks, do not remove them unnecessarily.

Important : Make sure all the Ink lamp lights red.

4. Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) slightly to set the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position, and gently close the Scanning Unit (Cover).

If the error returns, the printer may require service options. To hear about your service options, please click the following link:  Contact Us.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have replaced the printhead, following your instructions, several times but the error message still occurs and will not let me even use the menu button.  The red light on the "M" ink cartridge blinks slowly instead of staying on solid.  By the way, your instructions left out a step:  remove all the ink cartridges before lifting the print head lock lever.  

This error message came on as i was using the printer to print and i had not removed the print head or replaced any cartridges.

I have the same problem, had never take the print head out or used non-Canon ink.  Does anyone have any other solutions?

See the posts in the Personal Printer forum. Join the class action suit

I took the print head out. Used a Q tip and alcohol to remove ink build up on contacts. Put the print head back in and the error went away. Don't know how long this will last.

That's a great tip! Unfortunately, this didn't work for mine. Back to square one.

tried and did not work

Mine is just got the same message, have tried solution method did not work.  I'm ready for a class action law suit.  My printer was only used for less than a year.

Is there any real solution to this problem or should I look at another printer company for better support

Announcements