cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Has Quit Printing

marconnie
Contributor

Our 2 year old MX922 has quit printing; it started with not printing pdf files and now won't print anything. It worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, and nothing was installed around that time. Ink levels are good, and I've installed driver updates from Canon. Any help? Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

MAC OS 10.12.3 Sierra

marconnie
Contributor

I read another poster's similar problem, took that advice to clean and deep clean, and it works now. Thanks.

need drivers please !

Hi yogibear45,

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

You can find the necessary drivers and downloads for the PIXMA MX922 HERE

We hope this helps! 

I followed instructions to do deep cleanings (2), and it's working now! Thanks for this forum.

vankjeff
Enthusiast

I got a new Canon MX-922 scanner a few months ago and it worked fine. I've only used it once or twice since then. But now it fails when I try to feed paper in from the top feeder. The sheet will go in about 3" and then stop.
Since I was trying to scan my tax return, I really didn't want to need to use the flatbed and manually change each page to create the PDF. But after messing with it repeatedly for over an hour, I gave up and used the stinkin' flatbed.
So help please? What's going on? Why won't that paper feed all the way in regardless of if I just try one brand new sheet of paper or 2 or my tax return stack?

Here's a blurry photo showing how far the paper goes in and I just lifted to feeder lid and snapped the picture. Sorry it is so poorly lit but I really just wanted to show how far it goes in compared to the other pieces that are in the feeder so that someone who knows about these things might know why it always just stops at this exact same place.

canon pic.jpg

Hi vankjeff,

To resolve the paper feeding issues in the ADF of your PIXMA MX922, please follow the steps providedin the On Line Manual:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX920%20series/EN/ERR/2801.html#wp1412911

If paper still does not feed, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

brownbranch
Apprentice

MX922 stopped printing from computer and photocopy. Paper feed continues to function normally as if printing is in progress. OS is Windows 7.

• Uninstalled printer driver and reinstalled CanonUSA, MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)
  • During install received error message: Caution! Cannot detect the printer.
  • Disconnected USB cable from the printer and reconnected it. Same error message.
  • Rebooted computer & powered MX922 off and on. Same error message.
  • Connected printer with wireless and reinstalled same driver. Same error message.
  • Tried to see if it would scan from MS Paint. However, dropdrop down to select scan FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA was grayed out; non-active.
  • Uninstalled MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 and downloaded & installed Driver Ver. mast-win-mx920-1_0 to see if that version would work. Same error message.

Please help!

Announcements