Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

See see fix above! This printer is great once you fix the issue.
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know when you have a problem like this and you say: it really shouldnt be that hard?

Well just copy it. Then open up notes. Now paste it to notes. Now print. Guess what? It prints to upper tray. Yaaa. 

Occasional Contributor

Read the fix above
Highlighted
New Contributor

This worked for me!!  Thank you very much!!

Occasional Contributor

See fix above
New Contributor

I found a solution: I took some regular paper and using a ruler and scissors, cut it down to 5 x 7, then loaded that into the top cassette that is supposed to be for photo paper. It printed out just fine but it's a smaller print than what you are probably looking for. Another thing you can do if you just want to get past the error message is you can clear out the print job by pressing the stop button until your print jobs are clear. I don't get the error when printing out e-mails, only when trying to print out stuff that are sent from text. So I'm thinking, stuff that is sent with text is often pictures that were taken with the sender's phone camera, which is probably why the printer considers it to be a picture for the upper cassette. 

Occasional Contributor

You know when you have a problem like this and you say: it really shouldnt be that hard?

Well just copy it. Then open up notes. Now paste it to notes. Now print. Guess what? It prints to upper tray. Yaaa.