cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

@Grateful1...

What exactly is the solution? 

jhcanon
Apprentice

I finall found a way to print from iPhone photo album.  

1. Selec the picture(s) you want to print.

2. Select Save PDF to iBooks

3. Print from iBooks

Hope this helps.

Philp
Apprentice
Yes, exactly. All blame was pointed to the iOS.

GinaInong
Apprentice

I legit cannot believe this is STILL an issue, Canon support what are you doing to help this issue? I am having this EXACT issue with my new pixma and iMac, what a freaking joke that this STILL is a problem after this many years!!!! I've just freaking waisted an hour of my business time trying to get this stupid thing to work! What the heck?! And what a JOKE it is that I have to print to PDF iBooks to print my documents! Why do you actually help solve something! Give a recommendation on something that actually works!! I tried all your suggestions, read through the 5 pages, and the ONLY thing that works is the iBooks option which is absurd we have to do that!!! FIX IT!

parigot
Apprentice

I have this problem too. I came here and saw that someone from Canon has posted three responses to this thread, NONE OF WHICH ANSWER THE QUESTION OR SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

My Canon printer has worked fine for a year and suddenly we are having this problem. I've tried installing new drivers, checking all the settings, taking the upper tray out, nothing works. 

Whn you go on to Canon's own site here to try to find an answer, instead you find dozens of complaints and no solution. 

Canon needs to solve this problem. My guests need their boarding passes for tomorrow at dawn and we can't print them. My husband and I can't print documents we need for work. Why on earth would the upper, specialized tray EVER be made the default tray? This is incredibly exasperating and it feels as if we customers are being stonewalled.

Oh, and I resent having to register for yet another site just to write this complaint.

parigot,

If the details outlined in this thread or in our knowledge base cannot resolve your error, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Michael,

Sorry, but generic answer is not an answer. You were told by many people that your "solutions" do not work. In my opinion, your duty would be to collect helpful replies (removing the upper tray, changing the drivers, etc.) and present them to the community. And you should be concerned that these posts continue to appear meaning that the product does have some software issue. However, your last post shows that you basically do not care to provide a solution... 

alt250
Apprentice

WHEN PRINTING FROM MY I PHONE IT COME UP NO PAPER IN HE TOP TRAY, WHEN THE BOTTOM TRAY IS FULL.

Mslonda70
Apprentice
Is there a resolution to this error 1007 regarding no paper?

PIX17
Apprentice
This worked perfectly...
Announcements