cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

Using windows 10 I have no problem printing a photo from the bottom tray letter size. However printing the same photo using my iPad I get the message no paper in upper tray. So the photo will not print. The iPad, since it is a photo, defaults to the upper tray and I cannot switch it to the lower tray. I have been able to email it to myself and then print it; the email defaults to the lower tray. Cannon support says it's an Apple issue!!

So this is completely the wrong way to do tray selection.  When you have a speciality tray, especially one used for printing on photography stock as a key example, the selection of that tray should be explicit, not implicit, especially not implicit based on a small subset of selections for the default tray.  Please correct this going forward.  If you had done any user testing or user stories you should have noted that only exceptional printing will use the auxillary tray.  This should be the one with the limited selections; not the default tray.   Bad user design IMHO.

User testing isn't necessary to realize this. Just a couple of brain-cells. It boggles my mind how a product can be designed with so many flaws. It's clearly an exercise in complete disconnect between designers and users. Could Canon be using Rational Unified Process to develop their products?

I wish I had read this thread before purchasing the printer. It was fun listening to Canon trying to deflect the problem to Apple. Sure, like I need another app on my devices to make up for the shortcomings on your product ?

I totally agree. It should be easy one click printing but the default seems to be for photo size printing. It's backwards. I was looking forward to ease with a brand new printer after years of problems with my old one. You can't have everything...

I am having this same issue from Macbook Air Sierra

Selecting the proper paper size from the driver does not solve the issue.  

Cannon Support - THis is a really poor showing.  CLearly this is not an isolated issue that should require every owner of your product to call support.  Clearly there is an issue in your software.

Thats why you have forum support.  So people can find the answer to their problems when many people are having the same problem.

I assume that in support you have a computer and a printer and you can test the issue to verify it is not a one-off.

Why can you not aknowledge the problem and give us an update on the timing for a fix? 

Also please stop saying: "If the information in the post does not resolve your issue..."  Obviously it didn't resolve the issue, you haven't given a solution! 

Thanks for explaining this. I'm sorry but this is Canon's fault. More specifically, it is the product manager's fault. They should be fired for failing to care about such a basic user need.

Clearly, I want to print. So... LET ME PRINT TO ANY SIZE PAPER I WANT FROM THE MENU. DON'T JUST SAY "NOPE..." WITH SOME OBSCURE LAME ERROR MESSAGE.

Canon deserve to go bankrupt with this kind of thinking.

I tried to follow the instructions. When that didn't work, I tried to contact customer service using the link provided. It asked for my product number but won't show the printer in the list. I can't find a number to call either! 

Hello.

If the suggestions in this thread have not resolved the issue, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us

You can also call us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same problem-very frustrating printing from my desktop MAC-is there a solution or does this need to go back?

Announcements