cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rchen,

When printing from your iPhone, are you printing from the Easy-Photo Print EX app or a different app using AirPrint?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This also happens to me whether it is from my iPhone or Mac(desktop and laptop).  Frustrating because it worked fine for about two days, and now only provides this error message.

Hi sjlstevens,

When printing from your Mac laptop/desktop, you will want to ensure that the paper type selected in the printer driver and application you are printing from is PLAIN PAPER, and that the paper size selected is 8.5 x 11, Letter, A4, B5, or A5.  Other paper size selections will prompt the printer to feed from the upper cassette.  

When printing from your iPhone via Apple AirPrint, the paper size is selected automatically according to the application software being used on the phone, and the region in which AirPrint is used.  When Apple's photo application software is used, the default paper size is 4x6, whch would be fed from the upper cassette.  If you want to print on another paper size such as 8.5 x 11, you will need to use a program that has that paper size as a selectable option and print from that program to the printer; this will utilize the lower cassette.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar problem.  I loaded two sheets of 4 x 6 Canon Glossy II in the upper tray of my MX922, pressed print on my desktop PC, and after a fairly lengthy wait the printer beeped in showed support code 1007, telling me that my upper tray was empty.  It was not empty and was loaded properly.  I just hit OK on the printer control panel to give it another chance.  Same results.  I removed and reinserted the tray.  Again, beeps and support code 1007.  I unplugged the printer for 10 minutes and plugged it back in and still support code 1007.  I've tried everything I can think of, but the printer insists that the upper tray is empty.  The printer is only two months old.  How disappointing!

Hi usmale47374,

To try and resolve the issue, please ensure that the paper size and media type you are using is selected in the printer driver. Once this has been verified, you can perform a roller cleaning on the printer to ensure that the paper path is clear for the paper to feed properly.  To perform a roller cleaning, please follow the steps located here.

If you still experience difficulty after performing the recommendations above, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Naturally, I'm getting the same message.

The Canon rep's instructions are malarky; he'sa trying to make you think it's not Canon's fault (it is!) I have this wirelessly connected to both a PC, a Macbook and a Mac desktop. 

Although ALL THREE have the media type set to "plain paper" and "letter 8.5"x11"", only the Mac desktop will print on this printer, andonly after it has been turned off and then back on. Moreover, once it's inactive for the evening, you must turn it off/on in the morning.

It won't print at all from the PC--even though the PC recognizes it and tosses up a Canon Garden pop-up whenever I rebot. Why? Get this! "PRINTER MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER WITH A USB CABLE. PRINTERS CONNECTED VIA A NETWORK CANNOT BE DIAGNOSED OR REPAIR". Hold on a second ... YUP! Just checked my calendar; it's 2018!! (someone tell Canon, please).

I have a black & white 910--everything prints beautifully from that.

I also just uploaded new software. It printed from the PC (ya!) ; it prints from the Mac dekstop (ya!); Macbook? not yet ...

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

MX922 PRINTER FAIL DUE TO "NO PAPER" IN UPPER TRAY

Announcements