cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 fax config.

laf
Apprentice

Hi, im trying to setup the fax on an mx922 printer.

Answering machine is conencted in the printer.

Single line.

I would like the following behavior when it rins and Im away.

If its a fax I want the printer to answer receive it automatically.

If its not a fax, I want the answering machine which is set to 12 rings to answer.

Is it possible ? I tried several options with no success. I put the fax on tel priority. I played with the advanced settings in this mode. But it still doesnt behave like I want.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

James_C

Hi laf

Please connect the telephone cord from the wall to the LINE jack on your PIXMA MX922 and your answering machine to the EXT jack.  Once connected, please set the PIXMA MX922's Receive Mode to Network Switch.  When a call incomes, the telephone will ring. The machine detects a fax call.  If the call is a fax, the machine will receive the fax automatically.  If the machine does not detect the fax ring pattern, the telephone will continue ringing.  In this case, you would either answer the call using the phone connected to the PIXMA MX922 or allow the answering machine to answer.

To set this receive mode, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is turned on.

2.  Press the FAX button.

3.  Press the center Function button.

4.  Use the UP or DOWN button to select Network Switch, then press the OK button.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements