cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx700 printer with an error code of 5200

ignitor4
Apprentice

When we last changed our ink cartridges this popped up when the printer was turned back on. I have tried to clean the printer head and this also didn't help.  I am wondering if the next step would be to replace the printer head or if there is something else that I can try to reset or fix my printer.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ignitor4,

To resolve the 5200 error with your PIXMA MX700, please follow the following steps:

1.  Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2.  Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3.  Gently pull jammed paper out, if any:

3-1.  If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2.  If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4.  If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5.  Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions.  Remove any if found.

6.  Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7.  Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8.  Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9.  Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If the above procedure does not resolve the 5200 error, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Princy
Apprentice

Hi. I am using Canon Pixma G3400 and i want to scan multiple pages into one pdf. How do i do that?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements