cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message - another computer is using the printer - what does this mean? docs in queue wont print.

mclshe
Apprentice

have submitted documents to print - sitting in the queu.  there is a message - 'another computer uis using the printer' - what does this mean?  i have only one laptop.  used the disc to configure the wireless print setup-connection.  Why won't my documents automatically print?

6 REPLIES 6

mclshe
Apprentice

this is a canon PIXMA MX922

Crista
Whiz

Hi mclshe!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

My laptop is an HP Pavilion g7.  I connected the printer using the disk in my laptop to configure the wireless connection - went through all of the steps.  The test print pages printed okay...  not sure on how to get this sorted out.  Thanks for your ideas and help on how to get my printer working.

Not sure if this is a correct explaination - got home this evening and turned on my laptop and printer.  Once the printer got started - the pages from yesterday printed right away. 

I do have a work laptop that was turned off; however plugged in via the charger.  All I can think is the printer picked up on signals from both laptops even though my work laptop was not turned on.

I'm good to go Smiley Very Happy  Maybe this will help another if the same message above is received.

Thanks!!

momof4girlz13
Apprentice

I am having this same issue. The only other "computer" that I have used with this printer is my iPad. I have printed from the computer since last using my iPad, so I don't understand the issue or how to remedy it.

cathys
Apprentice

I have this same problem. No other computers in my home. It has been going on for days. I have turned everything off overnight twice. So frustrating.

Announcements